Round Robin Exhibition Games. Each team will have 6 Showcase games. Games are considered a completed game after 1 hour and 25 minutes drop dead, Mercy Rule is met, or 7 innings are completed, which ever occurs first. If time expires before the inning is completed, the batter is finished and the game is over immediately (Drop Dead) and the score will revert to the last complete inning, unless the home team is up to bat and are ahead in the score or have tied the score.
- Pitching Mounds will be at 43’
- 2 umpires per game
- Game balls – please see updated rules
- USA Rules will be followed with some showcase exceptions
- Showcase Exceptions: 1) Free substitutions 2) Unlimited batters
- Mercy Rules: 15 runs after 3 innings, 12 runs after 4 innings, 8 runs after 5 innings
Order of Finish: 1) Win/Loss records, 2) Run-Allowed and 3) Head to Head 4) Coin Toss- will be used to determine first place finishers in each bracket. All scores must be reported by winning team to the USA Elite Training LLC Table. If scores are not reported, bracket winners will be determined by whatever means available to the tournament director.
Teams that cancel after being accepted in the tournament will not receive any refund. Also, there will be no refund of entry fees due to uncontrollable circumstances or not complying with tournament rules. If no games are played teams will receive $400 refund.
1. All teams must submit their team roster by March 1, 2022. The team roster is a online editable PDF form that can be found on the website – tab “Team roster”.
2. All teams are required to book their team hotel rooms through our Partner Travel Teams. This policy is mandatory. We have implemented this policy for non-local teams as this helps us secure discounted rooms for the college coaches that attend the showcase event. The list of required sponsor hotels will be posted by December 1, 2021. Failure to book your team rooms through our sponsor hotels will result in a surcharge of $50.00 per player, not to exceed $500.00.
3. All teams must check in – please see updated rules.
4. Players wristband will be provided in the team packets. Players will be provided one wristband for the entire weekend. The wristbands will indicate to college coaches the graduation year of players in the tournament. Your coaches must complete the team roster fully including player graduation year so that we can give your team the appropriate wristbands.
TOURNAMENT SHOWCASE WRISTBAND COLOR CODE
BLACK = SIGNED PLAYER
PINK = 2022 UNSIGNED
GREEN = SENIORS (2023)
BLUE = JUNIORS (2024)
ORANGE = SOPHMORE (2025)
PURPLE = FRESHMAN/ 8TH GRADERS (2026/2027)
5. There are areas Designated for College Coaches Only at each field. Please make sure your teams, players, coaches, and fans do not go into any areas that are designated College Coaches Area only. This includes the College Coaches Hospitality Tent and the areas designated at the fields.
6. Forfeits are to be avoided at all cost. You must contact the tournament director at your field or at the main tournament table. If necessary to allow the game to be played a team may borrow a player from another team. The college coaches have come to see teams play. If your team does forfeit a game, your team will not be allowed into another USA Elite Showcase event. It is each teams responsibility to ensure that a the game will be played.
7. USA Elite Showcase is not responsible to provide the supplies for individual teams during the tournament All teams must bring their own water/Gatorade/ice /first aid supplies. There will be concession stand at each field location.
8. Teams are responsible for cleaning out dugouts after each game. There will be trash bins at each field. It is important to respect the fields and the property of each League & Town.
9. There is NO HITTING ANY type of balls (this includes lite flights or wiffle balls) into the FENCES at any of the complexes. Coach must bring pop-up hitting nets for hitting off of batting tees.
10. College Coaches will be invited by USA Elite Showcases. We cannot guarantee the attendance of any coaches. We will list all coaches that RSVP as they are received. To ensure that more college coaches attend we recommend that players also contact the college that they are interested in to let them know that they will be at this showcase event. College coaches have more incentive to attend an showcase event if they know that they are players who are interested in their program.
As a service we take requests from players who would like to participate but do not have a team – if your team is in need of an extra player please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for names. At that point it is your responsibility to contact the players and make arrangements.